Monday, November 06, 2006

Too much pain for pain management?

My assessment with the Pain Psychologist was this morning and how strange was this? I'm not allowed to go on a any pain management program because I'm only 7 months out of surgery and I'm in too much pain! How silly is it this? The truth is that I 'sort of' agree with her but then again I'd like to have some better skills to get through each day.

One thing I admitted today was that I'm fighting depression again. I'm not sleeping very well and I'm struggling to get through each day but it's nothing like it used to be and I can cope with things better than I used too. The problem is that it is eating me away as things look darker. The Psychologist wants me to go back and see her in a few weeks time and I'm lucky because most people only get one appointment, I suppose I need that extra hour of talk. The psychologist was rather strange herself though?? She kept twiddling her hair which I've never seen a proffessional do? It was as though I was watching her body language rather than she watching mine!

I managed to sit for the full hour and could of got up and walked around but explained to the psych that if I did that I would not be able to sit down again. It was also nice totalk to a professional and have a good cry and get rid of some of my own feelings of hatred towards this bloody pain. I've been told the the program will help me to help myself cope better and I can't wait!.......But I'm going to have to!!!!!

1 comment:

Wiglet said...

Anin, thanks for leaving your comment here. I can't 'adjust it' and so have had to delete because you've put my real name and I'd rather not put that in the public realm. I remember you telling me how good your PM program was and this is one reason why I'm keen to try something different I'll email you later and I'm going to talk a little mote about it on my blog today too.
Lovely to hear from you both here and email. Sorry I'm lacking with the emails...I think the Pain psych may have hit on something when she asked about "Are you not enjoying those things you used to enjoy?" I'm not looking forward to much at the moment.