Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Dental inplants

RollPhew! Am I glad to be here. I've not been able to get online for the past week, (or nearly a week). I've just lost the piece of filling which has been bugging me for the past few days and it has made me wonder whether I should consider the possibility of inplants? Yes I know the cost is incredibly high and that is always somewhat of a barrier but I feel the need to look into this now. I've a friend who has had an inplanted tooth (or is it two?) and her dentist flies into the UK from the USA once a month to work here and he's GOOD. I can get his number and ask for x-rays and ask for a consult and go from there. I have a rough idea and can go on the net for more ideas on costs too? Can I afford it? Yes and no.........My teeth feel horrible and in my adult years I've looked after them and felt very self conscious of the gaps I have because of an idiot dentist taking out teeth he should not have when I was about ten. I was supposed to a couple teeth out and the others left so that they could be filled and my dentist had sent me to this other guy because I was terrified and this way I could have a general anestetic. I went back to my dentist after that appointment and didn't go back to a dentist for another 10 years and my fear grew larger and larger. My teeth meanwhile grew rotten because I did not look after them as well as I should have. I'm so strict with my kids about their teeth and my son is fantastic about his! My daughter is a nightmare..........
.......I digress , I would like to get a quote and I will talk to hubby about it. I'm rather scared about the thought of the local anesthetic though? Doesn't that sound silly?

I've just spoken with hubby and he's supportive in whatever direction I'd like to go in. Problem is that I fall apart thinking about how I can't go through with a local. Spinal surgery sounds simple in comparison hey!

Got forms to fill out and email to my husband (to print off as our printer is out of ink). My daughter (if I haven't said before) has been asked to audition for the local junior you orchestra. She's got a place to be honest and the audition is a formality and we've been told this however she's been practicing nevertheless.

Merry Christmas everyone





No comments: