Wednesday, July 04, 2007

'Nice' Day and Happy 4th July!


Would you believe my Friends Reunited visit has conjured up yet another old buddy! A friend who I used to play with from up the road, messaged me at the weekend.

It was a tad bit embarrassing because I did not recognise the name at first or should I saw I knew the name but could not place it with a person? I had to ask for a clue which I hated as if that was me I would of felt awful (and I felt awful asking). Thankfully she didn't mind and gace me some memorable names which brought back a time when I decided to run away and she kept me company all day. She was a nice girl then and probably a lovely lady now.

Slept better last night praise the lord as have had to go to my darling daughter's Award's day. Slightly different from anything we do at my son's junior school and the governors all so high and mighty, (including the mayor!) all sat at the front with their high and mighty hats. That is one thing I would NEVER allow as a governor at my lad's school. I've always been happy to get to the front by getting their first Happy


My daughter brought home a pretty shite report yesterday and I admit I got a bit upset with her. I showed her a report from when she was six and it home as that early one was full of praise for what she was not saying "If only she woulds" all the time. We're seeing the director of studies tomorrow to discuss the GCSE music problem my daughter had plus seeing as every subject bar the sciences say my daughter needs to get her act together.....We need to do something but what? Part of it may be that she is overwhelmed by the amount of work needed and expected. She was allowed to get away with so much at her old school and now she's not allowed to get away with ANYTHING. She is now turning that corner at least and PLEASE let's hope so.

It's my son's sports day tomorrow so it is bound to rain!............That is life.





No comments: