Sunday, July 08, 2007

What a beautiful day it is today!

The sun is out and the only clouds are those whispy ones which don't bother the sun and certainly don't bother me. The pain monster is low key also and that puts muggins here in one hell of a great mood. Wakka Wakka

Mother in law made us roast lamb for dinner today as hubby is working but as usual and I don't mean to sound totally ungrateful (but will sound totally ungrateful), the meal was not very nice. (Does not look like this picture). She means well and cooks for us because she wants us three to have a good roast while hubby is not there and knows my back can't take the rigorous cooking but bless her, we do not like her roast dinners! I've tried to tell her we're OK now and my back is getting better but she's happy to cook for us and it means that she can pull out the stops once a month as normally it is only her and my father in law to cook for. She makes a mean cottage pie and if only she would cook us that now and again it would cheer us all up.

The irony is that I CAN cook a roast. I need a lot of help and after cooking it I can't sit with the family because I'm in so much pain so at least with her cooking I get to sit with my kids. She'll be 74 on Tuesday, she's one amazing lady; so we will continue to pretend we love her roasts and buy her one great pressie to share her how much we care.

No comments: