Monday, August 20, 2007

Sardinia

What can I say?

It has been a strange time since my last post on July 8th.
Computer Smash My internet has been playing up after buying a new router. I then could not even get my ethernet to work! I spoke to a lovely bloke this morning at my internet provider and guess what? All I had to do was pull the plug out of the modem for 10 seconds and then turn it back on. Yes that was all it needed to fix my internet. I could have been talking away to my friends and aquantances but no I was merrily thinking I had 'issues'.

That said it was lovely not having internet or should I say not being able to access it and we have agreed not to spend so much time on it and come off earlier in the evening too. I've spent more time with my daughter and that has been so nice as she is always talking to her friends and never me anymore. I've learnt more about her and she understands more about me. My son has always spent time with me and so that is not an issue here.

Do you want to hear about Sardinia? OK.
Beautiful if not dry, yellow tinged country. The older people are so friendly and greeted us in the evenings with a "Good Evening" (In Italian of course) but I must say we found the younger Sardinians rude and in a hurry to get everywhere fast. When driving, you would be 'beeped' if you stopped your car for a second longer than the driver behind deemed necessary. Parking was fun, if you found a spot, you had to park straight away as if you did not the car behind would jump in and nab that space! That said, we found little arguing so people accepted what was told.

FOOD! Ahhhhhhh
Now we Brits seem to think Italian pizzas have to come with French bagettes with garlic butter on them. NO THIS IS NOT TRUE. We are an odd breed us Brits. We saw NO garlic bread at all but bread was served with pasta only. Another special flat bread was also served which my kids loved and was easy to find in the supermarkets. The pizzas were bloody gigantic. I could never manage a whole pizza and at some point I will get a picture of the pizza on my blog but I am yet to send it here.....I'm useless I know. I'm still recovering from the holiday as I was very unwell the second week with a kidney/systemic infection. I cannot remember two days apart from having a raging headacheand high temp. I closed my eyes and slept and slept and on the third day as my head eased I managed to venture out onto a sunbed on our shady verandah. The following day after that was the last day of our holiday and I was desparate to get by the pool. I'd been told by the doctor to keep out of the sun so I stuck my legs in the sun and kept the rest in the shade; my legs were as white as ......polar bears (stupid analogy but I can't think of anything right now) and they still are. I had to spend a couple of days lying on the apartment bed during the first week and also the sunbeds were not comfy unless they had blankets on them; bit difficult that really by the pool! Tanny





No comments: