Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My talented twosome

Sorry for the blogness.....The lack of entries are due to flu, pain and wireless connection; (seeing as the ethernet won't seem to work now the wireless is connected even though it's not because the wireless is connected via a network????)

I don't understand this wireless stuff? It doesn't make any sense but what the heck, I shall keep going. In the meantime I shall tell you all about my dear babies or rather the nearly teen and the monsterous teen. Firstly the teenage daughter who is trying hard to turn herself around since parents evening just over two weeks ago. We have found her a new clarinet teacher and he informed me that my clever little girl has self taught herself brilliantly since the Easter term and is now playing above grade five standard! This has boosted her confidence no end and she's now talking about taking grade five and gaining a distinction which is something she would not have done before.

Now child number two. I've just got off the phone .....well actually it was about half an hour ago because my back is a rotter and I couldn't get to the laptop sooner but anyway, the Head of my son's dance school phoned up and asked if he had told us about the open audition on Friday for a full time place at the school? It's for a 50% scholarship and my lad who she watched on Friday and who has glowing reports, has amazing potential.
My son has not said a word and so either he's not interested or he thinks he's not capable or he thinks we will say no. The truth is we have said no because he has only just started at a new school and loves it. We are more than happy for him to consider the possiblity of ballet school in two years time however I would not consider the one he is being offered an autition at......It is not the right one for him and I'm not being funny here. Academically it is not a very good school and my son is as bright as they come; he would hate a school which didn't stretch him. So yes a dilema but what a delightful one to have!

My daughter has been driving us mad with her behaviour and has been a complete cow at comes but then you get those moments when she is fantastic. I love her no matter what even when she is arguing with me and telling me to "Shuddup". My son is still my baby and I suppose he always will be, he's now genuinely also turning into a real Billy Elliot too.

No comments: