Sunday, December 02, 2007

Nicked Bike

GRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr Mean No

Yesterday was one of those days. My son went off to his ballet class and was late back......Hubby then noticed his bike lock on the floor and I knew what my son was going to say when he walked through the door.
Yes, some thieving b*****d had stolen his beloved bicycle!

I cannot say what my emotions were yesterday - actually I can; anger, hurt, fear (of intrusion and that maybe someone was watching my 11 year old), upset and I had a cry and shout about the whole affair. What annoyed both hubby and I was my son's reaction to what happened. He told us that he had put the bike behind some bins and hoped and thought it would be safe - Not in the city and just before Christmas! Some druggie or some little sod has run off with it and even typing this makes me angry. We've had a child nearly steal it from our front garden before and I can't believe that a CHILD would try and steal from another child but it happens. There are no morals in some households and that's the truth of it all isn't it? When my son couldn't find the bike he was angry, cried and felt those emotions we felt but since then he has hardly shown any remorse for his stupid mistake. Yes he can walk to and from school but it is a long way and I'll be honest I'm going to struggle with him making that journey in the darkness. I'm a mum and isn't that natural?

The only choice was to find him a new/second hand bike as soon as possible and so hubby decided to take him to local shop where they inflate the prices (and I've already seen that compared to the net this is true), and he has brought my son a brand spanking new bike, a new chain, new lights and I hope an attitude to never forget his lock.
£191 later.........

No comments: