Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007

Less than three hours left of this year. Ball Drop

It is time to say goodbye to all that has gone and time to look forward to the new year. My son says he is looking forward to being a teenager and being able to swear at people! LIKE HELL HE IS!!!!! Right now both of the little devils are annoying me so I've told them to be a bit quieter because I'm tired to be honest.

So it is goodbye to what?.....to who?
Madeleine McCann, kidnapped aged 3
Rhys Jones aged 11, murder victim
Kevin Greening, Radio DJ, died Saturday aged 44
Benazir Bhutto, assassinated aged 54
Ike Turner, the man who beat but never defeated Tina Turner, died , aged 76
Les Shannon, Footie manager aged 81
Anton Rogers, actor who I last saw in Chitty Chitty on the West End a couple of years ago. Died aged 74
Tony Holland, 67, co wrote Eastenders
Ian Smith, Rhodesian Prime Minister, aged 88
Alderbrook, aged 18 - a racehorse who gets a mention for no other reason other than I feel like mentioning it.
Bao Zunxin, 70, Chinese intellectual and jailed Tiananmem Square activist who deserves more of a mention than a racehorse!
Alan Coren, writer aged 69
Werner Von Trapp, aged 91. The iconic inspiration and leader of the Trapp family singers
Glut of 112 year olds who died this year (too many to mention)
Princess Katherine of Greece and Denmark (the last surviving grandchild of Queen Victoria)
Lois Maxwell, 80 year old original Miss Moneypenny
Marcel Marceau aged 84 the infamous French mime artist
Maia Simon 67, French film and TV actress who headed to Switzerland where there is a clinic specializing in assisting deaths. Sounds like a good idea if you can do it to me.
Colin McCrae, British racing driver who was only 39 when he and his 6 year old son were killed in a helicopter crash
Clare Oliver, Australian activist who had to become famous after discovering she had cancer and then only having weeks to live. Three weeks later she was dead. Terribly sad
Jane Wyman, 90, Actress
Luciano Pavarotti opera singer aged 71
Shitsu Nakano aged 113 from Japan, the Worlds oldest person!

That's half the list from today
I shall complete my personal goodbye list tomorrow as I'm bored now and it's 10.30pm and I need to be with my kids.

Happy New YearHAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE






No comments: