Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I Feel Sick

Christmas Day went with a whimper. After removing that second present and teen daughter seeing it sitting here for the last 24 hours, she has been an absolute angel. Funny that isn't it?

"When can I open my present?" Present She enquires.
"When we decide". We reply. "Maybe today, maybe tomorrow". Now normally there would be a tantrum following this but surprise surprise, politeness follows. That's just how we like it. I understand being a teenager is difficult. You have hormones to contend with plus my daughter has my raging pain monster which scares her as much as it does me. But this does not give her the right to treat me like dirt. I felt horrible because I ......can't remember if I wrote this yesterday? I told my daughter that if she continues to behave in this vindictive way, telling us she hates us all the time and making family life unbearable, that when she finishes school at 16 she can find a job and move out. I Can't After all if she hates us then what is the point in being around us? She's only here to get her bed and board it appears and she uses her dad to get her from A to B. He gets most of her anger and he also angers me as he will not listen to me when I try and help him build his relationship with our daughter. If only he would meet her in the middle - Be the adult, then the arguments would lessen and we would have a 'normal angry teen' instead of an 'mega pent up angry teen'.
Going back to what I said - Why did I say that? I feel so upset with myself but it's true! I don't want to be around all of this anger and I had an argument on Christmas Eve with my husband because of our daughter and his stubburn refusal to meet in the middle. He's learning to take back control of authority which is great and I 100% support him but you cannot be a control freak which is what he is becoming. This I will not support.

Today I am tired. My gallbladder is hurting too and I feel sick. It hasn't played up for a while now so why is it chosing boxing day to make an appearance? I've made the traditional Boxing Day German Potato Salad (tradition in our house), pasta salad is on the go and roast ham is in the oven. No wonder I don't feel great. Do not ask me how my back feels......I can't feel it.

Roll on 2008.

No comments: