Monday, April 28, 2008

Wabbits and Vets

My bunny is down at the vets right now having his malehood 'altered'......poor little baby.

The silly thing is that my husband and I feel guilty about putting him through this but we had a choice to make and this was the best one for him. My little rabbit watches his girlie companion in her next run and is tormented by lust and after talking to the vet we feel even worse for him. It must have been like torture for him!

I've been told to phone back at 2pm but so has a man with a cat called Daffodil - What a silly name? I shall give it a few more minutes as I'm a little nervous about finding out if my boy bunny is OK? The vet warned that rabbits are notoriously difficult to anaesthetise and that nearly stopped hubby and I going through with the surgery. How silly are we? It is almost as though this little rabbit has become our baby. He and his female...........

Oh scrap that sentence, let's have a new one - Our bunny is fine!

I have just spoken to the veterinary surgery and apart from being very sleepy, our little baby is doing OK. He is being looked after quietly on his own away from the cats and dogs and the silly thing is when I heard the nurse call his name it made it made my heart melt as I imagined his little head trying to respond to his own name......He would have twitched his nose, his eyes would have sparkled and they kind of talk to you and tell you what he wants. I can't explain it but if you have pets I'm sure you understand.

Prayers and positive thoughts for our bunny please. I know he's not human but this was major surgery for him and he's not out of the woods. Recovery is the next hurdle and we will need to take very good care of him and believe you, we will.

No comments: