Thursday, January 31, 2008

Goodbye Jeremy Beadle



Jeremy Beadle

Born 12 April 1948
Died 30 Jan 2008
Aged 59

TV Presenter, writer and producer Jeremy Beadle, had died in hospital after a short battle with pneumonia. He was admitted to intensive care on 25 January and his body could not battle any longer after already beating cancer of the kidney in 2004 and leukaemia in 2005.

Whenever I see someone who dies too young it leaves me feeling incredibly sad and vulnerable. I feel nervous for my own future to be honest because Mr Beadle himself was born with a disability, Poland Syndrome and big credit to him because he was one of the first TV celebrities to have a disability. (Or should I say the first one employed and seen as not vulgar to the viewing public!!!!) Nowadays we see many more people with a variety of disabilities and that may be down to people like Jeremy?

Personally though I found his sense of humour a bit annoying and each to their own. My mum liked him after all. Game for A laugh was one of the biggest shows of the 80s and then there was Beadle's about which followed and showed the British public still loved those silly fake camera/people making fools of themselves. People still now watch You've been framed for goodness sakes and I include myself in that (Though I only like it for the funny comments made Harry Hill).

God Rest Jeremy Beadle. You are in good company.

I am in a rather uncomfortable inbetween period myself of emotional funeral/dying memory time, so emotions are a bit up sh*t creak. May be some weird blog entries - (no comment that there are normally weird entries!!!!!)

No comments: