Sunday, January 13, 2008

Maury, Jerry Springer An The Like......

My god! Why do people go on those shows?

Jerry Springer is the worst of the bunch and lets be honest they scrape the bottom of the barrel to get people on that show. You then fin Maury in America, Ricky Lake too and there's others I can't think of now. In the UK we have Trisha and Jeremy Kyle who play that game of "patronizing the guests". Oh my, why oh why do I watch these awful shows? Secret

In between cooking the Sunday Roast and whinging about my pain, I'm watching Maury Povitch declare "I was 13 when I had my first baby and you're not the father!" Obviously he's not the 13 year old and one of the guests is that poor child who is now an adult.....Oh to explain would be confusing but you get my drift don't you? My life is easy in comparison.

So how is my life today? So-so. My son went off to his ballet class yesterday to find the class time had changed to an hour earlier and so a wasted journey was made. He went off and played squash instead. My daughter did the science test I made up for her (from a book I have brought on the correct syllabus). I've got all the answers too and so it made it quite easy for me but that said it took a long time to write up. I also put in diagrams, tables and drawings to make it look more interesting for her. The problem is she needs 80% and she's scoring 67%. It is science and the big test is on Tuesday and it counts towards her final exam at the end of the year. She MUST get 80%+. The pressure must be enormous and I can empathise with her about this and that's why I'm happy to help her. I've told her she must look up any wrong answers and write down the correct ones. It is Sunday, I know that but if she does not correct her answers she will never know them. 13% is so close to getting mark she needs! Shame my daughter chose to do the Foundation paper though because had she chosen to do the higher paper she could of had a lesser pass mark and of achieved the grade she needed!

Better go and check that chicken..........

No comments: