Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Daughter (The Saga Of........)

I touched some wood on Monday honestly I did.

On Monday I was speaking with a friend about how good my daughter was being and I was saying what a good start to the term she was making. Her homework was much better and guess what? Yesterday they she came home with an 'AMBER WARNING CARD'. I cannot believe it!
The reason is because either she has failed to hand in homework EITHER/OR has failed to bring the correct equipment on three ocassions since the beginning of term.

I asked my daughter how she felt about this card and she said, "Disappointed". It is the first time she has ever shown any sort of remorse for her actions and normarlly would shrug her shoulders and be done with it. This one was different in fact she is a different girl right now and actually I feel a bit angry on her behalf but do not want her to know this. I can understand that she SHOULD be given the amber warning card (which means the teacher signs the card if homework is handed out and to confirm equipment is remembered.) IF she kept forgetting her homework which was the problem last term but solve one problem at a time! I have a feeling that the school may try and overload my daughter and I have a duty to protect her yet there is a part of me that thinks this is the right thing to do? So am I angry or confused?

My daughter came home feeling sick last night which could be because she was concerned about my and my husband's reaction and this morning she was very nervy. I didn't have time to talk to her properly though so I also have some guilt which us mothers always have to deal with. The one thing I did do last week was send an email to my daughter's form tutor, (or thought I had) which gave a lot of detail as to how homelife was for her. It stated about what a young carer was, how sometimes my daughter was emotional for me because she knew I was in pain and sometimes her behaviour causes or should I say does not help my pain!!! I did not say that she causes my pain because that is not true, my medical condition does that but stress makes things worse.

I just wish my daughter would settle down and realise that we all have her best interests at heart. I love her and her brother who is also experiencing problems at school, very much and my life seems to be running around saving them. My son is being picked on by a couple of little sh*ts who have nothing better to do. Spoilt little buggers if you ask me. One has already been reported twice and so much for the comment; "bullies do not remain at this school"; (my arse they don't!). I am not fighting my son's battles and want my son to deal with this himself but he is such a softy. He doesn't want to have to put up with this and all he wants to do is have a good time and get on with his work. Oh funny coincidence this but my son's new best schoolmate who lives in a gigantic house that we could fit ours into about five times is a lovely lad. That is not a coincidence but this is - My husband went to collect my son from his mate's house at 8.30pm last Friday and did not return home till 10pm. They were too busy chatting away and it turns out my son's new best buddy's dad went to the same rough old school as my husband. We knew we liked that family from talking to the mum on the phone but now we know why. They may have more money but they are just like us and our son has gained a good friend.

No comments: