Wednesday, January 23, 2008

sketchup and not forgetting gorgeous Heath Ledger

My son has discovered the fascinations of Google sketchup and thinks its fantastic!

Only problem is that everything (at the moment) is accessed from my laptop and uses up my memory and so my dear little laptop is getting slower and slower.......What with all the itunes as well from my daughter's ipod! My daughter's computer is finally sorted but yesterday my husband could not get it connected to the internet and will not get IT support!!!! It's driving me mad because I need her to get that computer up and running and so does she. Yesterday evening, both my kids needed the internet to do important homework; one to do physics revision and one to do research on Romeo and Juliet and it is a bloody nightmare when you have a husband who behaves in a (was going to say moronic but even though he drove me crazy I think that's unfair), he is being unfair to the others in the family and not thinking about anyone. I don't think he's even thinking of himself?

Enough of my family, I wanted to talk about Heath Ledger. I could not believe what I read on teletext last night? He was such a wonderful actor but obviously a tormented soul. Drink, drugs and depression are a treble hit of pain which were going to never resolve without proper support and did he get that support? I do not have a clue as to what was going on in Heath's life other than what is written in tabloids and Heat magazine so who am I to say what his needs really were? The truth is though that this is yet another life wasted and I feel terribly sad about it. I feel sad for his family and his little girl and also how on earth must his ex girlfriend feel who only split with him last year? Bet there's guilt there which is not justified.
When a person takes their life, it is such a selfish act because they are not thinking of the people they leave behind only themselves. Depression is an illness and I accept that when I person thinks about taking their life they are not necessarily being themselves anymore. But I've been depressed and I've been at that point of thinking of ways of suicide.....I stopped myself because I knew that I would cause so much pain to those I loved. That was when I got help and I bet you that many attempts of suicide are not real attempts at all..........That's what I am wondering about Heath? Was it a mere cry for help?

Here's some pics of darling Heath as he was; gorgeous, dashing and seemingly full of life. Yet behind that facade was so much pain.
Tragic.
http://www.theage.com.au/photogallery/2008/01/23/1201024940487.html

No comments: