Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Rest In Peace Neighbour

My neighbour passed away. He was 68 and a dear man who was injured while serving in the navy many years ago. Since then he would shout out in the garden and confuse people who'd think he was crazy but we'd know he was perfectly sane, just affected by that injury and harmless and lovable. His life's journey is now at an end and he is now with his father, mother and sister in that great big heavenly place. He will be buried next week along side them all in his final resting place.

But has left behind his aunt who he lived with and his carer who I've been speaking with this morning. His carer felt that my neighbour was more like a father to him and is devastated by his death and at sixes and sevens not knowing what to do? He stayed with my neighbour in the hospital thinking all was going to be OK. His carer went home however at 1am he recieved a phonecall to say "get back" My neighbour had a massive heart attack and was probably unaware of what was going on. I hope so as he would have been very frightened. The staff had allowed his carer to stay late because it kept my neighbour calmer......Now I shall miss the shouting and his 6am walks to the shop, especially when he forgets where he lives and insists on coming into my house!

My friend's gran is 93 and she told me last week that she too was at death's door. I should suspect that her gran is now no longer here? It is so sad that death greets us all but sadly we all must die some day. My cousin said when he was about seven that "if everyone lived forever there would be no room for all the new babies who would need to be born". Classic words from a small child but quite true.

Little Maddie McCann was only 3 (if she is dead) when she lost her life. I hope she is alive but it looks as though she is not. I don't know how I feel about that.......There is mounting evidence and now which ever newspaper you read tells you a different story. One states that the hair found in the car is from a child who is dead the other says something else? What is true?
I don't get it anyway? That part of the story makes no sense. How did the parents keep the child secret for all of that time? Where did they keep her? It sounds like the Portuguese are clutching at straws to me. Maybe the McCanns DID play a part in their own daughter's death but this part of disposing of the body sounds silly and comical when it needs to be serious.

Life is so precious. Whether you live for 70 years or 70 minutes you need to make the most of it. Today my pain is lower for the main part. I'm making the most of it.

No comments: