Saturday, September 08, 2007

Sick Wabbit

Mr Jimjim the bunny is very poorly. I went out to him a little over an hour ago and he was quiet and nothing like the usual mad Jimjim we know. Normally I'd call his name and he'd play a trick on me and run around and look at me with his bunnyeyes and I'd give in with a treat. He's a super rabbit and right now I'm frightened something is very wrong with him.

My son had rather foolishly not left Jimmy with any water OR FOOD! I could not believe my eyes. Jimmy was obviously dehydrated and to keep him calm I put him back in his hutch rather than leaving him in his run. I've been feeding him water and tomato juice with a pipette. He hates the tomato juice but a rabbit expert friend says it is a great booster for bunnies.

Jim hasn't been getting any better and so I phoned the vet nurse for advice but really I wanted Jim seen by the vet as my instincts are frightened right now. I don't want to lose 'Mr Jimjim'.......He's part of our family! The poor bunny is so weak and it is not just because my son didn't leave his water out, I don't know if my son is using an excuse but he tells me Jim didn't eat much of his food from yesterday which is why he gave him more today; shame he left the food in Mr Jimjim's hutch! Also we know our lovely boybunny is definately not well when he hasn't eaten his treat and it has been left in his hutch.....Something is really wrong.

I know there are many things wrong in the world, People dying, Maddy's parents being suspected of involvement of her death, (how I feel on that I'm not sure?), but all I care about is a six month old rabbit.

Fight Mr Jimjim and say "Hello" (Sorry joke we have in our house) to Lulu when you get home. We all love you very much and mistakes will never happen like this ever again.

No comments: