Monday, September 03, 2007

School Dinner Cheese Meltdown For Anyone?

400,000 kidlets have stopped eating in school canteens since the new healthy school system has been introduced. No wonder so many look like this fat suited version of Jamie here!

The problem is it has only been two years and you can't expect teenagers to change their whole diet if all they have at home is junk food. My son who has only just left primary school also said that children were swapping to packed lunches and that included those entitled to free school meals because they wanted burgers!

What sort of society do we have when kids are dictating over their parents as to what they are going to eat? I'm not being funny here but I tell my kids what they are having for dinner and they eat it. If they don't eat it then there is nothing else till the next meal. Yes of course somtimes I make cheeseburgers but they are homemade ones and I know what is in them. My kids also sometimes eat sweets but not all of the time!

Sadly most kids seem to want to stuff their faces full of crap. I hope healthy meals continue because healthy hearts, brains and bodies are more important for their futures.


No comments: