Friday, May 25, 2007

Daughters

Found out this morning that my daughter's friend from her old school has been trying her hardest to persuade her to down alcoholic drinks whenever they are out and my instincts are absolutely are right about her.

The only problem was that we had to have a row before school about it to find the problem out and now I feel sad for my daughter because she is going to lose this friend from her past because there is no way I or her dad will allow her in certain situations with her..........That said......my daughter HAS SAID NO!

I'm very proud of her even though this morning she drove me crazy and her behvaiour and rudeness was unacceptable.

Life with my little girl (who is 14 in two weeks time) can be such hard work at times yet at other times she's a joy to have around. I wish I would not snap at her though and need to learn to step back because this is not accpetable for me. My husband also does not work with together and then we fail to be a partnership.

Parenthood is never easy........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. It is such a difficult age and the pressures are enormous. Stand quietly firm relative to unacceptable behavior. Let your "yes" be "yes" and your "no" be "no", consistantly. Celebrate the positive behavior and look for creative ways to reward it. Hugs.