Thursday, May 10, 2007

Posh School TWO Toooooo

My son has decided he likes our nearest prep school and today we had a look around the school and OMG it's a heck of a school! The next two years are going to be hard work as it's scholarship for the academically gifted and Common entrance for those coming into the private sector at this stage plus the not so gifted! There are two other new boys (mostly boys at this school as it only became co-ed four years ago), but our neighbour's daughter goes there and apparently so do other children from our gentile surburban street. I can't recall which ones? Maybe it will come to me?

So next it's my son's taster day and assessment rolled into one. He's going to go on a Tuesday or Thursday as those are 'Cricket' days My son has not played proper cricket before and will enjoy this surjourn for one day and we will chat with the Headmaster when we collect our lad and make sure the school is "right for him". It sounds right for him...... But it sounds extremely academic - EXTREMELY ACADEMIC!

Time for a change anyway as our son will be going to senior school within the state system but a private prep school like this will give him chances, oportunities to mix with a different sort of people. I'm not saying any better of worse, just different. If he goes here, he has a great chance of getting into a Public school......I cannot imagine me considering me having two kids both going to Public schools? I've seen what these sorts of schools can offer and they are very nice indeed. They have so much more than state schools and money talks doesn't it? Sorry to all of those who do not have the option. I don't have the option really.....We intend to remortgage the house. Our kids mean everything.

No comments: