Wednesday, January 24, 2007

New laptop and still and snowy day


Second post of the day as lots to say.

I have a NEW LAPTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other two were driving completely around the bend.

I'm relieved to have a new one and it's great ......no.......challenging to have a new keyboard as I keep spelling everything wrong but what the heck, I'll get used to it eventually. As I said on my last entry it is a beautiful snowy day here in southern UK. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6293741.stm

We are being told that there is more to come along the south coast with my region experiencing the worst of the weather. It's so unusual for us, that said the snow has mostly gone from the pavements and roads (thankfully). The only problem we have in the UK is that everything grinds to a halt when we have a bit of snow. My husband worked last night and he got on the train at 7.18am for the 40 minute journey. He phoned me at 7.55am and said the train was going at a snails speed and he would not be home to get my son to school! Oh hell panic stations. It also meant that I had to rearrange my doctor's appointment (the second blood test to check to see if my thyroid is working OK). Finally my poor hubby walked in the door at 9.45am. He normally arrives home any time between 7.50am and 8.10am........ To say he was tired is un understatement.

I have some of my governor work which I must get on with. It's good for my spirit and I feel much happier now I am in communication with my friends again. I had a telephone conversation with one friend yesterday who has had a terrible situation befall her. I won't be talking about it here but I know she reads my blog and I'm sending her my love and thoughts too. Actually I#m sening all of my friends my love because you all know you mean so much to me. It's hard when I can't get onto my email and the computer issues brought me down. I wonder if the second computer had a virus as well as a broken socket? It's still not been sent away and so I don't know the reasons for this? As the socket is under the warranty, we can have that done for free but I'm going to get the computer looked at for the other reasons. Its either virus OR overload. The memory was small as it was brought for me as a cheap christmas pressie - Not that it was CHEAP! Laptops have come down in price and they are so much more better value for money.

I'm going to try and give a tip of the day or a recipe or try to have something special to my blog entries to make them more exciting? I haven't thought about it much yet so forgive me for the first one.

CEZZY'S INTERNET SAFETY TIPS
Seeing as I've been a victim of crazies, stalkers and people who like to pretend they are six or seven people, I thought I'd just put these little tips here for those who'd like to read them. Bye for today. X


PROTECTING YOUR SAFETY
Never give your password to anyone for any reason
Be cautious about giving out personal information
Make your password hard to guess
Change your password regularly
Use a mix of numbers and letters in your password
Protect your computer with a firewall and virus software
Don't open any email attachments from people you don't know

SHOPPING ON THE WEB
Visit www.internic.net to see who owns the site
Check out web companies with the Better Business Bureau
Don't give out credit card number unless site is secure
Secure site will have "lock" symbol at bottom of page
Don't give personal info unless a reputable company
Look for the company's return policy before ordering
File any complaints with the Better Business Bureau

No comments: