Wednesday, January 31, 2007

MRI and a quote of the day

I phoned up this morning to get a date for my MRI and low and behold instead of being a 6-12 month wait I'm on a maximum 15 week wait! WOW, I'm obviously more of a concern to my neurosurgeon than I thought?

I was given a date of next Thursday but there lies a problem.......It's the day before my BIRTHDAY. I'm going away on Friday and Saturday with hubby for a lovely romantic (I hope) weekend and I do not want to have the 6 hour round drive wearing me out beforehand and so that date would never do. I've asked for four weeks later as I know hubby will be onhand to drive me there.......I'm dreading the thought of the MRI already......however it may answer some questions? In other countries and MRI is standard post operatively but not here? We know here it's because of cash flow and the lack of it but I've had ten months of pain, increasing pain meds and decreasing bladder control. Surely this is an indicator to something not being right? I don't suppose another month will make any difference to my MRI date as I'm not planning to have any further surgery no matter what my surgeon says.

Changing the subject, anyone that knows me knows I tend to overthink things and that said, I found this quote:

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus

I used to be a member of a forum and I became a popular member amoungst some but with others there was a certain amount of jealousy. That's how I see it anyway, I could be wrong? I found I had some people who looked towards me and then followed and had no personality of their own but of course I ALWAYS had true friends who have stayed with me. Amongst those followers were the jealous ones who tried to bring me down. I cannot understand those sorts of people? Why are they out there? Why do they behave in such a way?

That quote hits a few points because I'm not a natural leader but I have become one in my volunteer role without trying and apparently I am good at it yet I didn't want to be in that role innitially. I'm glad for a break this year as it's given me a chance to recharge my batteries.....But then there is the friendship part of life? I'm definately my own person there but love my friends dearly.

No comments: