Friday, February 02, 2007

Bacon and eggs

I quite fancy a plate of bacon and eggs don't you?

Sounds like a nice way to start the day but alas hubby is painting my daughter's wardrobe (closet) doors and he's taken them off and painting in the kitchen. He can't move in her room as it's more like a pigsty than a bedroom. The weather is very unpredictable also and so hubby cannot paint outside.........So my bacon and eggs have to wait for a little while yet.

My plans for today are for a slow day. I shall try to get on with a few bits and bobs if I can that is. I went to te hydro pool yesterday and enjoyed a natter and chat with my friends there. It made me feel more comfortable about a few things which were troubling me and also I was able to help out a couple of friends who needed help from me. We look after each other and it's a good Thursday morning group. We have new ladies who come and go and some stay and we get to know them. That's when we find out phone numbers and if that person does not attend the pool, we often phone them to see if they are OK. It's a great little group of caring women (and sometimes men) who look after each other.

Sometimes it is a great joy just to listen to someone we love talking. Vincent McNabb

Friday has come around so quickly and it's GROUNDHOG DAY over in America. http://www.groundhog.org/ We don't have this in the UK but of course we tend to follow what our American cousins do and I have no doubt we will follow at some point. Tomorrow is also the anniversary of the day my mum passed away; the official date is the 4th as that is when she was found and the coroner said it was best to keep it as that. Mum was last spoken to on the 2nd Feb in the late evening. She was very poorly and in a lot of pain and had spoken to her neighbour about how she was feeling.........Going to be a tearful couple of days if I think to much.

No comments: