Sunday, February 25, 2007

Last night was a night I had prayed for

I stayed awake until 12.30am because that is when I normally hear the scurrying sound starting. I'd already had to deal with my son till 11.15 because he had refused to sleep in his bed again without my husband sleeping in the same room.

All was fine and hubby was going to sleep there - He only wanted to watch a bit of football till 11.40! So in the end I'd agreed for my son to fall asleep in my bed again just I had the night before. It's been so strange for the past 3 days to have either one of my kidlets in the same bed with me. You don't expect a 13 or 11 year old to be there but it's been so nice to have the extra hugs with my daughter in particular because I don't get them! Teenagers want to pull away from you not to be near you. My son is different, he's still my little man (although I dare not let him hear me say that). We had a cross word last evening and we both hate it when that happens because we are very close both in personality and in relationship. Seeing him sleeping is just like when he was a baby.....But right now he is so frightened because of 'mousegate' and I feel so very much for him. My husband had earlier gone to his room and beaten the bed' to ensure no nasties hiding in it but there was no chance of my son staying in bed. I found him standing by his bedroom door looking sheepish with his clock. "Dad said he'd be 10 minutes!" Hmmm No actually the program had another 50 minutes to run at that point and I suspect my husband got his timings wrong or thought our son was that tired that he would crash out. I actually got my son to get onto his bed which is one of those high ones.
"No mice can climb up chrome legs" I pleaded with him
"They can climb up my curtains!"
"Yes maybe , but how do they jump across to your bed and then how to they get down again? I have never seen a mouse with a parachute have you?" I thought a bit of light humour might cheer him along but not even that worked.
So I went and told hubby where our lad would be and we snuggled under my duvet which he had no worries about. Thankfully the footie match was boring and hubby came up five minutes later and so off to his own bed he went and I watched Liar Liar with Jim Carey which is enough to drive any rodents away!!!!!!

So mousegate........Hubby brought yet another trap yesterday which brings us to 3 now and enough poison to kill goodness knows how many. We have sealed off the dining room to all of us as we think the air brick in there is where the damn things came in because that is where they came in before. (Visual evidence also indicates this) The mouse noisy-thingy-mag-gig seems also to be doing it's job and last night there were no signs upstairs of any mice. Downstairs though we have a clever mouse who managed to take a peanut off the mousetrap without activating it....Images of this clever mouse dressed in black, with ropes and a crampons, guiding itself down onto the nut come to mind. Peanut butter is going on it tonight and if that mouse is still alive lets see if it's that clever this time! I'd rather it was caught that way as I've said before as the thought of the poison death is horrible.

Plans for the day. Firstly I must wish my son GOOD LUCK. He's playing rugby today and it's first and second teams so I don't know how long he'll be playing for? Could be ten minutes, could be thirty? I shall watch the girls sing on American Idol as I dozed off on Friday night and missed some of them sing. I like Idol but I've been on the American forums and they are as mad as the Big Brother forums! In fact if you don't support someone they come and beat up your pet mouse which is handy for me. Lunch today is Lamb and my daughter is cooking it once her room is tidied so that may mean lunch is at supper time? Who knows?

Long entry.....Tally ho!

No comments: