Friday, February 23, 2007

MICE!!!!!

Oh hell!

It's plural!

Yesterday evening at about 8.30pm, my son saw a mouse scurry across his bedroom floor and ever since then it has been 'mousegate'. He ran into my room, I was already half way up and of course we both became captives to my bed. Seconds later my daughter (who was downstairs but hates to be left out) came up and joined in the game of 'How many shaking people can you fit on one bed'.

Hubby, who had only just came back from an options taster evening with my daughter but had raging stomach pains due to 'wolfing down supper', went downstairs to get "A huge bit of plastic which will do the job!" Didn't know what hubby meant by that? Was he going pick the mouse up with plastic and then put it in a little cage till we could release it in the country? (To be eaten by a fox) or was he going to sufficate it? Didn't get the chance to find out because while we were all crouching on my bed, we could hear a scratching sound coming from underneath!!!!!

OH FOR (*^*&*(*&*^^%&)())

I'm sure you can translate the above?

Earlier today hubby had wired the house full of traps and poison and I cried when he wanted to put a trap in our room. The thought of hearing it go off fills me with both sadness (as it is still an animal after all) but also revultion. I think I would prefer Jerry (the names were to get the kids to sleep in the same house so they named them), to fall and tragically (for him) break his neck while clambering somewhere. It is now nearly 2am and I don't care how Jerry and his/her family die, I just want them out of here.

My son won't sleep in his bed and is currently downstairs with my husband. An hour ago a scream went up but hubby says he's dealing with it so I mustn't interfere. My daughter is gently snoring next to me and has slept through Jerry's return. I've been spraying lavender air freshner as mice hate that BUT SO DO I!

This is my third sleepless night. Might suggest my son swaps with me if I hear no more but I suspect in a few minutes or so it will start again.

Looking into moving out for a few days or so while the problem is sorted.........Who would blame us?

No comments: