Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Funny news

Hostage released for pizza

An Australian prison guard held hostage for two days was released after a ransom demand for pizzas was met.

Up to 20 inmates at the Risdon Prison in Hobart, Tasmania, seized the guard in a protest over conditions in the maximum security jail.

Initially they made 24 demands to authorities, but eventually gave up their hostage after agreeing to 15 pizzas, Coke and garlic bread instead.

"At midnight, the final sticking point with the inmates was that they were requiring pizzas to be delivered. Our staff member was negotiated out with the delivery of 15 pizzas," Graeme Barber, Tasmania's director of prisons, told The Advocate newspaper.

The guard is recovering from his ordeal at home.


I found this at http://www.broadcaster.org.uk/section2/jokes/funnynews.html
My son has a passion for pizza but that is slightly taking the pi** don't you think!

Talking of my son, he's on day two of his school trip and today I believe it's orienteering and kayaking but for the life of me I've forgotten the fun activity for this evening. The kids have got so much crammed into the next few days that they won't have time to miss home and my son's been away for 6 days at cub camp before and I doubt he'll miss me.

I'm still struggling with the pain monster and it's been a real battle to beat it this time. The weather has turned and it is VERY cold and it could have something to do with that as it did last time? My pain also became bad this time after I went out on my scooter and decided to drive up and down the silly curbs which I should not have. That is NOT good for my back but I can't see how that caused this problem? I'm always asking myself why I have these flare ups and I can never see the reasons and it's so frustrating. I used to have a life and now I have nothing - Except I cannot think that way......I have my kids and husband and I have to keep going because of them.

As Winston Churchill once said, "If you are going through hell keep going"

No comments: