Friday, February 23, 2007

The morning after the night before

Jerry died last night in a tragic accident involving a piece of chees and mousetrap.

Yes totally inhumane but we have had mice before and it gets to the point when drastic action must be taken. And as for the piece of cheese that was a slight fib......it was a mound of peanuts. The common misconception is mice like cheese but no, they like things to grind down their incisors on. You wouldn't believe how much I now know on those darn rodents.

Hubby's view that they don't like lavender is also wrong! Mind you I know that spraying lavender air freshner under the bed every time I heard a noise helped the situation enormously. Maybe this particular one (called Lisa) doesn't like air freshner sprayed in her direction no matter what the smell? I'm secretly hoping it's the same one that is in the mouse trap but somehow I think not? They breed like.......ummm MICE don't they?

The thought of this is freaking me but I must not let it show. My son is completely beside himself although happier now that 'his' one has gone. He believes that other ones will not go into his room as they are not his plus we have found out mice do not like the smells of garlic, peppermint and eucalytus , particularly the last two mixed together.

Hopefully will get my son to have some rest today as kept him off school. He only got a couple of hours of sleep and I felt it was unfair to send him. My daughter was different and although she wasn't happy, she went. She slept much better and hardly stirred each time I sprayed the little bugger with my trusty lavender airfreshner gun.

On with the day

No comments: