Thursday, February 22, 2007

Disability!

I forgot to mention this and it's important!!!!!

Two and a half years ago I applied for 'Disability Living Allowance', Here's a link which you can have a butchers (look)at; http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Bfsl1/BenefitsAndFinancialSupport/DG_10018702 This takes you to more links etc and is SO she said sarcastically) exciting.

Briefly though there are two rates of the 'mobility' and three rates of the 'care' aspect of the allowance package. At first I was awarded for three years, the middle rate of the care allowance but the lower rate of mobility which didn't actually make sense as I couldn't get around and in my view at that time, my mobility was worse than my personal needs. I re-contacted the government department and was promptly awarded the higher rate of mobility.

For some strange reason, earlier last year I recieved a letter from said government dept, saying my care allowance was being awarded for as long as I needed it or in other words for life. The motability was still for three years. My three years is up in May but then last November I was sent my renewel pack and when I hadn't replied within a month, I was sent a letter stating if I didn't send the forms back (the BOOKLET of about 60 pages actually), it would be presumed that I no longer needed disability living allowance???????WHAT! No chance of that.

So I filled out the forms and wrote down every doctor/physio/social worker/acupuncturist/hairdresser! (lol) I see. A month ago a letter came back to say my 60 page form was under review and "Could take up to 11 weeks"! Well it did not take 11 weeks, it took about 4-5 weeks because today I have been awarded the same as I had before but BOTH for the rest of my life. If I need extra help then all I need to do is contact them and it could be increased but I don't think it will be unless I'm in real trouble and if that was the case hubby would be doing the contacting. This information is based upon my 60 page 'form' and my GP's report too......I feel good in that I do not have to feel out the forms anymore but I don't feel good because this is as good as it gets.

No comments: