Sunday, February 11, 2007

I'm loved! (Personal stuff)

It's official!

I am still number one in my son's heart.

Only problem is.........he came back from what should have been five days away with his school feeling absolutely full of cold and I expected him to feel full of happiness.
It was rotten because I'd booked this weekend away with my husband (more later) and so we only had an hour and a half or so to send together (me and my lad not the husband) before me and my big lad headed off into the sunset or rain as it was. My son was OK....no not really, he was unhappy about it and held his spirits together well. I had if I'm honest, wanted to go earlier but there was no way I could leave that angelic face.... Angel 2 He's 11 now and I knew his nan would look after him and that wasn't an issue however the thought of him not well and me going away was not good. We spoke on numerous occassions over the weekend and he made me feel extremely guilty yesterday evening and told me to come home........(excuse the dots but lots of thinking going on here this weekend and now).....This weekend was the first one that I have had with my husband since before my kids were born and we needed it. When we knew we had the opportunity for two nights away we grabbed them. Friday night we went away looking forward to the fun of it and had a fabulous meal at the resturant where we stayed. We both had crab to start with, hubby followed this with a fillet of beef and peppercorn sauce and I had sea bass with scallop sauce which had the added bonus of a few scallops thrown in. I LOVE SCALLOPS! So the weekend started well.

Saturday morning we started the morning off with a gorgeous breakfast of a hamper of goodies brought by Charles the owner of the hotel who we got to know very well. Breakfast in bed...... croissants.....and then onto SHOPPING! (and a phone call from my son). The phone calls were to become a theme of the weekend and so were the requests "Not to speak to nan" as she would tell me that all was really fine.

Now I LOVE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!! I could shop for team GB in the Olympics. Sadly my husband is a bystander and useless at it but you can't have it all ways. So we shopped and then we ate and then we went to the cinema and watched Music and Lyrics; http://musicandlyrics.warnerbros.com/
(Maybe a review tomorrow?)

The last thing I did on Saturday was HAVE A PHONE CALL WITH MY SON! He told me he had been sick and would I come home (again). This was the last straw and I spoke to my mother in law and she told me it was all because of his cold and he was fine. "Enjoy the evening" we were told and as it was already 9pm we continued back to the hotel and 'enjoyed our evening!!!!!!'

Today has been another nice day. I didn't want to be held to ransom by my son who I love to bits and yes I missed him while he was away but I also needed time with my husband. This morning we had our usual breakfast in bed and then went off to an open air museum that I hadn't been for about 30 years. My scooter served me well and the battery now needs charging but I'm grateful that I purchased it.

We found a great place for Sunday lunch and had Roast Pork with all the trimmings. The pub was a 17th century building and absolutely beautiful. Of course I had another phonecall from my son........

We arrived home refreshed and knowing how our son felt but I was glad to see him and at least I knew I was loved. I knew beforehand that I was loved by my son and I love him very much. I love my daughter too of course and she has been a little star while we were away. She did nothing to cause my mother in law any hassle and she brought me a brilliant birthday present.

This weekend has gone to fast.









No comments: