Sunday, January 07, 2007

Rugby Sunday

FreezingIt's a cold one today and my kids are both out there doing there things. My daughter is riding ponies and my son tried out for the local rugby team and was offered a place in a tournament next week! He's thrilled to bits but I'm just a tad worried because of the fear element. He had his gum shield in and still cut his gum. He was bashed and I imagine bruised by the morning but he loves it. He loved it at school except it was 'tag rugby'; this is full contact rugby, a totally different ball game (excuse the pun).

I'm still awaiting my old computer back and running on this old one. I hope to have it back shortly and then I can communicate with my buddies better. I feel cut off and it upsets me greatly. I've had a tearful day and maybe that is why I'm worrying about my son and rugby more than I would under normal circumstanstances. I've had some tears about my parents because this time of year is so hard for me. It's full of memories and sadness because I those dates of 11 December, dad's death, 18 January, weeks after my father died, his mother passed away; 26 January my mother's death and 4 February only 5 days before my own birthday, my mother died. So I don't like this time. I find it hard to cope with and those around me don't want to hear all the time about this do they and I don't think they would understand? It's been seven years since I lost my dad and it will be four years next month since mum died. My tears today and emotions were just as strong as they were when they died. I didn't have the best relationship with my mum however I loved her none the less. Dad was a martyr to put up with me and mum arguing! He was a wonderful man and I hope he was looking down and his grandson today with pride.

Tomorrow is Monday again. I'm trying to organise a night away next month for my birthday. Huby should be doing that but that's not what he does. We're also planning a trip with the kids to London to catch a show and do some other interesting bits we would not do at home. The show tickets cost more than the hotel at the moment as we like good tickets!

That's all for today.

Speak again soon.





No comments: