Monday, January 29, 2007

Not wireless yet!

I have this lovely new wireless computer yet I still am not able to use it as a wireless computer?

I'm in talks with the technical department of Hewlett Packard and I hope to have this sorted as soon as possible because it would be soooooo helpful.

Not been around for the last few days as I've had a couple of up and down days. Saturday was good but then it started........That monster started to beat me up again! Sunday I woke feeling rather poorly and stayed in bed all morning. I knew I had a course today on 'keeping children safe' (more on that later), I had this course so I knew I must tae it very easy on Sunday or else I would not be able to enjoy the morning. I did however start cooking the dinner although the hubby finnished it off and it was masterpiece by all accounts.

The course this morning was updating my skills on child protection issues. As a school governor, I and my fellow govs, have quite a large responsibility to ensure that child protection policy is being followed. I've been the CP governor for about 4 years now and I know all is fine at our school and felt quite pleased.....if a little smug to hear how other schools were maybe not as on the ball as ours. On the other hand, does that mean maybe some children could be slipping through the net? I hope not! The course today was for Headteachers and for the appointed child protection governor because the overall policy has changed and in turn this means practically EVERY SINGLE POLICY in school also has to change to take into account the new rules. I'm not the Chair this year and I'm thinking as the chair which I mustn't.......I must phone her later though and fill her in. The only problem with sitting for 3 hours (with a little break) is my back is so sore. I'm lying on my recliner which even though it's brand new - NEEDS REPAIRING! I don't know........

Any news? Not really. My daughter is playing in a concert in March. This time it's in her capacity as part of the city junior wind band. I don't know if I said last time but she's also got a solo in the spring concert and that's part of her school orchestra. She very nervous about that one but I know she'll be a star. My son who is a bit of an over acheiver disappointed himself with hi mock reading exams - These are to do with exams he has in May. He wants to get level 5s across the board, English, Math and Science and the reading was a small part which he got upset about. I told him to do his best and if he did that then what was there to worry about? "I WANT A LEVEL 5 NOW MUM!" The silly thing is that a 4b is all he should be attaining - Not NOW in MAY!!!!! That's the average Joe score for an 11 year old in the UK. My son doesn't want average; he wants level 5s so that he can get into the masterclass at senior school next year but that's going to be tough. He could find that there is a year of very intelligent children and he misses out? I've been telling him that it does not matter except it does to him. Masterclass means he will be fast tracked and that's what he wants........So THANK THE LORD! He easily scored a Level5 in math and lets just hope his science is just as good or I'm going to have more gentle comforting to do.

Got to try and check some emails before I can't stand my back pain any longer - Oh also I'm on those strong antibiotics again for a UTI and I feel so sick. It must be the antibiotics because it's been ever since I started taking them and I remember having a similar reaction before but not this bad! Problem is that every time I eat, I feel sick. It stopped me having that gorgeous roast yesterday and I hate it AAARRRRGGGHHH!

No comments: