Sunday, March 04, 2007

Damn PAIN!

Day three of pain flare up now and beginning to lose to will to live (not literally) but oh my legs are burning and on feel like I've rubbed hot chillies on them - Talking of which I've found out that I can get on prescription a cream made from hot chillies which apparently gets rid of the burning pain! Interesting.

I've started a website and it's of course all to do with chronic pain. It is the biggest subject in my life and the one I have the most knowledge about. I'm added a fair amount of information already and will be adding readers stories including one from my son who was eager to add his own words. I have also askd my daughter if she would like to do the same thing as my son as I did not want her to feel left out. It was actually my son's decision and I was amazed to hear him come out with it but proud too ........Proud of any choices my kids make.

Counseling on Friday was interesting. I went along with my daughter to this new innitiave called Family Solutions and helps families finds ways to help themselves. Just in 45 minutes we have uncovered a major major breakthrough of mega proportions of which I had an inkling but I had confirmation and added clarity. I don't want to go into it as my daughter and I have agreed to keep it between ourselves but I am pleased we took this path.

Sunday again and in two days time I have a SIX HOUR round trip (oh hell) for a singular lumbar/sacral MRI. The scan will be over in 30 minutes yet it could tell me why pain has increased. Yes it could indicate nothing and tell me that nothing is any different and the reason my pain is like this is because my spinal cord is damaged and that is that.

Need pain meds......................

No comments: