Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I owe and email or six

I shall be emailing today Winky

It looks as though madam has her Assisted Place! We need to have confirmation but she LOVED her day yesterday and when she came home and I asked "How was it?" And "Made any new friends?" I was greeted with; "It was fine" (Which in teenage speak means fabulous as she couldn't stop talking about everything for the rest of the evening) and "I was given a shadow for the day called Evie and she introduced me to Emma and I already know Neave and Jo" (names changed to protect the innocents) from the city orchestra and......etc etc). She had design technology with a teacher we met on our visit who our daughter thought highly of and an RS lesson which was totally different to the ones she has at her current school. PE was her favourite and she was put with the upper PE group as they split them dependent on their swimming ability. They swim all year around as they have their own pool and a club on Monday after school. My daughter has already decided she's joining. There's another reason why my daughter likes this school. My daughter said at her current school, friendships are formed on what you have and what you look like; at her new school it's a case of being yourself and I have a strong suspecion my daughter was COMPLETELY herself yesterday.

We went out in the evening to say well done on the assessments. I hope all has gone well! If not then I do not know what we will do? We've been told that everything is fine but until that letter comes through you cannot guarantee anything. We have also warned our daughter that she has to work at this school and it's a no going back atitude. If she does not work at this school we will take her out as we are not wasting our money and she will have to to to whatever school will take her. I know that sounds cruel but she needs to see how important school is now.
A friend's son was excluded for a day yesterday and although our daughter does not behave badly, nor did my friend's son normally! State schools are too large and if you have the money then sometimes a private education is the only choice for some children.




No comments: