Thursday, March 08, 2007

Morning Arguments

Yet again today started with my daughter not wanting to leave her bed and the battlen then began - THE BATTLE ALL PARENTS AROUND THE WORLD WILL UNDERSTAND.

....Grunt "I DON WANNA GE UP" (Isn't is surprising how my daughter loses the ability to pronounce her words correctly first thing?)

"It's 7.45.am, you need to leave the house in fifteen minutes, now get up or I will throw water over you!"

"I AM UP" (Said in a muffled tone which can only be said from under a duvet)

"It's 7.55 and you will be late for school."

8am passes by and my daughter is still not out of her room and she needs to be on her way but today there is no sign of this because today it was a FULL SCALE WAR. She decided that she was "Doin' my haw" or hair to those of us not speaking in a sarcastic tone and how she managed it in 2 minutes flat is beyond me. When she did eventually come out of her 'pit' (again those of you who understand teenagers know their bedrooms are disgusting)...When she came out and I told her "Your hair looks nice" Guess what happened next?
She pulled out the newly tussled hair and told me I was lying to her!
I can't win can I?

We then had a huge fall out and madam and I was had madam decide to be extremely rude to me which I would not tolerate. I told her she was not going to school until she apologised which led to a stand off for s small period of time. I dealt with this by strategically not talking for a while. Now exhausted by it all.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: