Saturday, March 24, 2007

Don't know where she gets her talent from?

But it's not me!

Went to watch my daughter play clarinet in her youth wind band this evening. The local city concert band and the 'youth' city concert band played too. My daughter's bunch were all aged between around 12 and 17 and grades 3 to 5 so maybe were not talking about musicians of the year quite yet, however we saw some talented youngsters performing tonight.

All I need now is my daughter to believe in her own talent.


What was funny was meeting up with a mother I used to chat with when our girls did gymnastics many moons ago. Now they are both playing clarinet together and the other mother really wants her darling to be in the youth orchestra with my little darling "But she WON'T do it!" And she then went on to tell us about her younger little darling who's badminton teacher tells her "He has NO motivation" .....After telling us how many after school activities the kids did we wondered if all the younger brother wanted to do was play down the park.

I know I'm worried about my daughter but I don't think forcing her to do activities she did want to do would be the answer either......So who is ever the perfect parent and do we ever get it right?

No comments: