Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cooking Doesn't Get Tougher Than This

Yesterday was a nightmare. I spent way too long sitting typing up this elongated letter to the local authority about the merger/amalgamation business with the school I love so much. I finally finished it and have got it down to 4 pages of reasons why we should not merge and basically it is only to do with the authority saving money.


They (the authority), know they need to demolish our building and rebuild so they have this plan to put houses on our building. I suspect they will do their plan B and stick an extension on the infant building instead of the wonderful option they keep telling us they will do - The BRAND NEW SCHOOL BUILDING! That problem is it cost more and the sums do not add up and for at least three years we will be expected to run on a split site with one headteacher and we happen to be a school with the highest number of special needs in the authority......Hmmmmmmmm.......Too right I shall stamp my feet. Those kids don't stand a chance with all the crap that goes on with their education right now. Things change like the wind.



Anyway, Masterchef final tonight and Emily I think has blown it, Johnny has stayed much the same but my boy James who when I first saw him I thought; "He's going to win this year." (Until I saw Emily then I realised he would have a battle!) What an excellent night last night was with cliche after cliche from Greg and John, "Cooking doesn't get tougher than this", "You've got five minutes.....FIVE minutes" "Who's going to win?" JAMES that's who! When Michel Roux tells you how brilliant you are and Michael Cains says "Give up your day job" which technically speaking James should not do because he has already given up being a lawyer and is catering from his garage! Must be a posh garage? Me says James has definitely won this whether he has been crowned the winner or not.

If you were to go on the net you could check out many brilliant amateur and professional chefs, writing their blogs and giving free advice and recipes. Ex Masterchef winners and finalists are out there, my favourite ex Masterchef-er is David Hall who I've finally put a link for his website to. Check him out because he makes really good nourishing food. He' also got some good foodie links too and I do not need to buy another cook book ever again.
Thank you to everyone who has ever written a recipe on the Internet. You all and Jamie Oliver (who I still love), are my only recipe resource now and although I generally adapt what I cook, I get great inspiration. So ta very much all and keep writing. Ive posted a couple of my own recipes and thought about doing my own blog but there are already so many out there. There's no need for a Pigletwiglet Food File!

No comments: