Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Honeymoon is Over

I was hoping against hope that I had sorted my pain meds out and I had a few good days with low, no very low pain compared to normal. Yesterday the monster arrived back with avengence and today I'm back on extra morphine just to take the edge off my burning legs and aching back.

My wonderful cleaning lady or 'helper' as the agency likes to have us refer to them, is here completing all the ironing I cleared through over the weekend and it shows just how much I got on with over the past few days. No wonder I hurt!

Will I ever learn that I must pace myself?

No I doubt I ever will?

The other issue.....well its not a real issue but a dilemma really is I agreed to allow my nearly 15 year old daughter to have a friend to sleep over thinking it was going to be a friend of her age from her school. I've found out from my husband that the friend is 10/11 and the friend's parents do not seem to mind that my daughter is nearly 5 years older than their child? I would certainly be objectionable and would have phoned me to see if it was OK! Of course my daughter is lovely if a little loud and manic at times. When someone suggested to her that she may be 'ADHD' she was deeply offended but the truth is that she is mildly ADHD and always has been. There is nothing wrong with that though as long as she harnesses it at times and uses that vivid imagination she has for her own good and not allows it to cause her problems.

She'll be home later and I can talk to her about this because I DID agree, and who am I to now say she cannot have the friend over just because she is younger? I want to speak to the parent of the child though even though the child's parent hasn't phone me!!! Maybe I'm just old fashioned?

No comments: