Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rugby, Parties, Squash, Ballet, Etc.,

Talk about a busy weekend. My son does more in one weekend that I do in a lifetime. OK that is not quite true but me doing ballet in my physical condition is laughable.

Still feeling good but and there is a but, I have a problem with my right leg and it is a new problem. I had surgery way back when I was 16 so 22 (I nearly said 21 years and forgot my age there) years ago to transfer a tendon in my leg. This was to help me lift up my right foot which was dropping down and I also had my Achilles tendon lengthened at the time too so killed two birds with one stone so to speak. Where the transferred tendon is attached to the new muscle, there is a scar on my leg, this place is very sore and there is an irregular feeling to the muscle underneath. I have lost a lot of muscle tone in my right leg since my spinal cord deterioration anyway and my right leg is thinner than the left - Not terribly but I can see it and if I were to mention it to another person they would too. I'm not vain enough to worry about it as I have a limp and crutches so for goodness sakes, who cares about a slight difference in the circumference of my legs?

One of those boring Sundays today where I have boring clothes to wash, then to tumble and boring American Idol on the box in the background as I write this. I like American Idol and hope there is a better mix of performers than in the past couple of years. Taylor somebody won the year before last and he was awful, last year I liked the winner but she her voice was of no significance. Looks good so far, they have got rid of people who have great voices but forgettable ones.

So time to get on with my washing. Sad ain't I?

No comments: