Wednesday, February 13, 2008

SAVE OUR SCHOOL!


All of those in favour of saving our school, raise your hands!

The morning after the night before and I am feeling absolutely exhausted. The meeting went well and speaking to people between the lines even if this bloody thing happens, we'll make it work but I dearly hope it does not happen just yet. The best option for our school is to wait until the Headteacher of the Infant school chooses to leave and then reassess the situation or at least wait until we can definitely say we have the money for a new school. Right now we have no money, no planning (no government agreement to sell off the land yet the local authority are pushing this through and we have no way of turning back at all).

I will fight and I will talk to parents when my back feels better and I know the guy from the authority understands me now. I wasn't sure he saw where I was coming from but I think now he sees that I am an experienced governor who wants the best for these two schools, the kids and the staff. We cannot allow the authority to walk all over us. We are being told it is not a forgone conclusion, however ALL THREE of the local government Representatives/counsellors etc agreed that the amalgamation (read merger as it should state) should go ahead. How can that be non biased. Also the policy is for all through primaries. It is a deep worry.

I am trying to remain calm today as my pain levels are incredibly high and my hips are hurting badly. Don't ask why I'm having pain in my hips because this is a new pain on my left side? I usually get pain deep in my right side which goes away but could not even lie on my left side this morning. I'm now able to do this thankfully (and sit up too!) I'm still lying on my bed and the wireless is working so I'm grateful for that and I hope to be able to get to my emails as I've neglected my friends badly. I've also neglected my stomach and I'm starving.



No comments: