Friday, March 07, 2008

Americano

Do I understand the American election system?

Old Popeye McCain has won the Republican vote and this 71 year old man is going to be the Republican Representative, but what else do I know about him? I like his crinkle cut large oven chips (fries to my dear American friends!)
But what else is there to this man? Does he have charisma? Compared to George 'Gump' Bush a plank of wood has charisma and with no disrespect to any of my American friends, I have no idea why anyone voted for him?
What does it mean to be a Republican or Democrat and do Americans vote for 'the party' or 'the personality?'
I find this all rather odd because you then have Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama of the Democratic Party fighting it out with totally differing views? The are from the same party though so has does that affect the people who vote for them? This said, does dear Barrack have any policies because from what I can hear it is all about;
"I promise to let everyone have the chance of a chance to allow the vagueness of a chance to listen to the vague chance of a chance of vagueness".

Hillary step forward - Ball breaking Hillary, (which I'm sure she did to Bill after the Monica affair). She scares me and what also scares me is logging onto the American websites for these three representatives and immediately being met with a demand for "DONATE/SUPPORT." You can get through them without donating but OMG it is frightening. Hillary declares on her site how there is $6 million donated in the rallying kitty. $3 million was raised the day after her Texas victory so I guess that tells us that there is a lot of support both physically and now financially for her.
This money affair would NEVER happen in the UK and if it did could you imagine the outcry?
"Scandalous we would say!"
"Sack the lot of them"
We would have MPs booted out which actually would not be such a bad thing. Maybe we could try and persuade one or two (or three dozen) to break a few rules and get rid of the morons who run our country. Only problem is that they would be replaced with equally idiotic morons.

Our voted idiotic morons will also have to work with whoever wins the Election Game going on across the pond so I suppose it is better the devil you know for now. (Did I say that?)
So in America you have a choice of the very old ancient "I fought in 1st World War sonny" Popeye, then there's boring......boring..... but a nice smile which "tends to make people like me and oh yes could be first black man to be president"......and madame "I don't care what hubby did because my career was always going to come first and I WILL BE THE FIRST FEMALE PRESIDENT!".
I don't think the others stand a chance against Clinton, and nor does the world.


Worried? You should be!

No comments: