Monday, March 10, 2008

Gusty Morn


There goes a bin lid!

The weather report is looking grim today and a storm is brewing. We are waiting strong winds down here and told not to go down to the coast......Wasn't planning too!

I wonder if the weatherpeople are covering their backs after the 1987 "There's no hurricane".

Good old Breakfast TV have reporters all over the country and Wales is experiencing problems with risk of tidal surges, flooding, structral damage etc

Reporter in Cornwall is standing ankle deep in water and commenting how las time they bad storms there the water was up to his shoulders. Bet that made the locals feel better!

Kids are back from their French trip tomorrow at the school where I am a Governor. I haven't hear anything so everything should be fine over there. When my daughter went to France, twice, with the school she loved it. My son missed out as his teeth were hellish at the time and I was in hospital too, That was when he had Aplastic sixes and the enamal did not grow on the four adult molars. He was in agony and I remember giving him pain relievers and also recall a herbal capsule which would do him no harm at all, that I told him was a extra strong pain zapper! It worked wonders till the dental appointment. Little white lies are not such bad things when they don't hurt anyone.

But back to that weather. Been to take my son to school and oh my what a windy one. My car was being buffeted back and forth with recycling boxes flying across the roads but thankfully no trees, (yet). Apparently 77mph gusts out there so glad I am back in doors now.

Onwards and blown upwards.

No comments: