Saturday, March 22, 2008

Teachers Union To Ballot Members - BUT.......




............"Staff will say no"




The National Union Of Teachers has voted to prepare for a rolling campaign of industrial action over pay and excessive class sizes. The teachers' union will now ballot members on a series of possible strikes in England and Wales.

Says Sky News


It is delegation time and this happens often and I know that teaching unions are passionate however teachers on the coalface will not go on strike.

Delegates at the NUT's annual conference in Manchester condemned the Prime Minster's approach to limiting public sector workers' pay.
Ian Murch, from the NUT's ruling executive, told the conference: "If I were you Mr Brown I would be doing my sums again. You wouldn't like us when we are angry - and we are getting a bit angry now."
And he told Schools Secretary Ed Balls to prepare for a fight, saying: "If I were you Mr Balls, I would put my tin hat on right now."
The union is already balloting members on a one-day strike over pay, provisionally scheduled for April 24.


Yeah yeah...........The thing is that this is only ONE UNION and if one union goes on strike it means that the other teachers who are not in that union need to pick up the pieces and it will not happen.



How do I know? Too many years working with very hard working teachers thats how!
I'm a non paid school governor, ex chair, always ensure I put in what I can.
I know that there are massive problems in education and Labour's:-
"EDUCATION EDUCATION EDUCATION" is "BO****KS, BO****KS, BO****KS" I'm not spelling the word BOOK!


My children went to a state primary school and they got through by luck and good teaching......Lots of the former though.

Don't allow the union leaders who are on massive wages start talking about money. They get paid a lot to 'perform' but then again need the money to pay for their posh cars and private school fees.



No comments: