Thursday, March 27, 2008

Is This The First Pregnant Man?

This is THOMAS BEATIE, his baby is due to be born on July 3rd.

Thomas had partial sex change surgery, having his breasts removed and has testosterone treatment and so is legally classified a man He did not have surgery on the lower part of his body and kept the female reproductive organs he was born with.

Sceptics are saying this could be a scam?
I think it could be true and there is a story of this happening before and I am not talking about Danny DeVito and Arnie in that terrible film.

"How does it feel to be a pregnant man? "Incredible," he wrote in The Advocate.

"Despite the fact that my belly is growing with a new life inside me, I am stable and confident being the man that I am."

"To Nancy, I am her husband carrying our child," he added, explaining that his wife is unable to conceive because of a hysterectomy 20 years ago.

"I will be my daughter's father and Nancy will be her mother. We will be a family."

Mr Beatie has caused a stir in America and detailed his struggle to become a father in a magazine aimed at gay, lesbian and transgender population.

This is not his first attempt at having a child. The original effort ended with Thomas losing his right fallopian tube as he was carrying an ectopic pregnancy with triplets. He claimed to have artificially inseminated himself at home with sperm sent from a sperm bank and this time he is carrying one baby - a daughter.

His wife Nancy is supportive but the rest of his family are adamantly against this.
"When my brother found out about my loss, he said, 'It's a good thing that happened. Who knows what kind of monsters they would have been'."

Some are saying this is a scam.
"Quite frankly, I think it's a hoax," said Ron Schlieper, who lives close to the Beaties in Bend, Oregon.
"I saw him a few days ago and he didn't look like that."
Josh Love, added: "I couldn't say that he looks pregnant. I can stick my stomach out and almost make it look like that. I think it's kind of bizarre. I don't know if I believe it or not."

Cynics also pointed to the possibility the story could be a publicity stunt for the T-shirt printing company run by the Beaties, called Define Normal.

We will have to wait and see won't we? If Thomas produces a baby from a certain orifice then that will shut the sceptics up. If he is given the correct hormones then I don't see why he shouldn't carry a baby?

No comments: