Friday, March 07, 2008

GCSE SUCCESS

To all Mothers out there (and teenagers who say revising does not help) IT DOES!

My darling daughter took her first science GCSE paper two months ago. If you've followed my my blog you may remember over the Christmas holidays, I spent a lot of time making up exam papers and helping her with revision.

It worked. My daughter took the foundation paper which meant she could only get a 'C'. This was a confidence thing and she is being put forward for the Higher paper in June because she opened up her envelope to reveal she scored 100%


Yes, 69/69 and had she taken the higher paper, her Head of Science told her she would had been one point off a B. Last night she was STILL nervous about taking the higher paper stating "It's going to be too hard"; but after talking to her teachers today, all is sorted and the forms are signed. My daughter could potentially increase her score further as this is just one paper. The final paper is in June. Considering she is only 14, and will be taking her this GCSE a year early, I'm hugely proud of her whatever she gets!
Confidence shouldn't really be much higher with a FULL MARKS SCORE!

No comments: