Sunday, March 09, 2008

Roast Belly Pork With Orange, Cumin and .......

Got to thank Masterchef finalist David Hall for today's Sunday lunch. (See links) I'm cooking his pork belly recipe and thought I had fennel seeds........famous last words hey? Instead I've added a little sage leaves. Not sure if the sage got lost in the pungent smells of the orange and cumin but we shall see later. Don't think the joint is big enough to feed one let enough the four of us which is a slight worry; we eat like PIGS on Sundays!

Pain monster is behaving at the moment. I've been taking extra of the strong stuff as hubby is working nights and I 'have to cope'. Mother in law has offered to coke Sunday lunches again when hubby works weekends again and I tactfully declined. She's a lovely lady but we've grown bored of her tasteless Sunday foods. I know I'm being mean here, there is also part of me that feels extremely guilty that she is in her 70's and cooking for me in my 30's! Some days I feel great......But there is a depression which I feel taking hold of me. I don't always want to get out of bed not because of pain but because of how my mind feels. My computer is my escape where I can be who I want to be. My mind is free and I can forget that my body lags behind like a cacky brown broken 1979 Austin Allegro! And what a cr*p car that was? (Please do not ask me where I got that analogy from. The car looked like a turd.)

Anyway, I'm able to get on with the dinner today and argue with the teenage daughter who is being a complete moo. She's told me to "Shut'up" at least 30 times since she got up. Apparently I was annoying her. The thing is I am not allowed to say shut up to her and tell her how much she is annoying me! If I did, I would get uproar and the; "you don't love me's". Oh for goodness sake, the silly girl needs to grow up and lose the hormones. Much as I love her, I can't wait till she's an adult. One good thing about her though is she is going to ask to re-take her science exam but this time take the higher paper. She hopes to try and get a higher grade which in turn may get her a greater chance of a better grade after the final exam in June. Good luck to her on that.
Child one minute and mature the next!

1 comment:

David Hall said...

Hi Wiglet

Thanks for your words on the pork belly and glad you enjoyed it. Yes, cumin can be a bit overpowering I suppose, just go easy on it next time.

Your son has good taste! As for recipes to hide broccoli and peas - NO! I love both of them so I always encourage people to eat them as they are. I'm afraid there isn't any hiding from them little green balls.

Hope life is good and thanks for giving it a go, it is one of my favourites.

Cheers
David