Thursday, March 06, 2008

Message In A Bottle

I'll send an SOS to the world
I'll send an SOS to the world
I hope that someone gets my
I hope that someone gets my
I hope that someone gets my
Message in a bottle.
A lonely hearted man sending out a message and asking a response back in this great Police song. His answer was there were many lonely hearted souls out there and he was not the only one.
When my kids were little we put messages in bottles for them and sent them out on to the ocean under the pretence that they would travel the world and a reply would return from someone in some far away country. The reality was that the bottles would have been smashed by boats, rocks and vile weather before they hit the high seas.
Our dreams are there to take us away from reality and thank goodness for that. If I had to live my life in reality all the time I would probably have topped myself by now. Our dreams keep us going and one day who knows those dreams may come true? I ocassionally do the lottery (not the school's type) and I would love to think that my numbers may appear on the Saturday draw. If that never happens then so be it. My dreams will never die.

No comments: