Sunday, June 10, 2007

14 Today!

Happy Birthday Today is my daughter's 14th birthday and so in honour of this day I am awake at this ungodly hour (6am) typing on my laptop in my bed. This time 14 years ago, I was in hospital, in agonizing pain with contractions which were coming every five minutes and so I was told "You can go home if you want?" NO BLOODY LIKELY! The journey to get there was hell enough let alone getting there again. The contractions I had were one strong one after SIX minutes followed by a weaker one after another FOUR minutes. Was that not good enough for the hospital? It seemed not?

Yesterday we cancelled the 'family day out' with the Young Carers but decided on our on special family day. We're worried about one of our rabbits and didn't want to leave her all day anyway as she's hurt one of her back legs and is limping on it. She's eating, drinking and yes the other end is working well too so we're not too alarmed. I'm keeping a close eye on her and confining her to her hutch for the time being as she has a habit of running around like a lunatic in her run even though her leg will hurt her.




Friday night my back was screaming too and this led into Saturday morning. I decided to take an extra 30mgs of MST in the morning plus the full wack of paracetamol during the day and still needed a about 120mgs of Oramorph but when I think about it if this was last year I would not have coped with yesterday......Maybe if I had tried I would have need 120mgs on the day followed my 200mgs the following day. I don't feel too bad at all today plus I have in general reduced my meds from last year. I'm looking forward and not backwards and it is a nice feeling but back to my daughter. We went first to restuarant in the city which we hadn't been to since before she was born. Couldn't believe it had been so long. It used to be a much better place unfortunately but that said the food was still very good. We then went on to see Pirates of the Carribean. And here is the lovely Orlando at the premiere of said film and isn't her a delightful man to look at on a Sunday morn?.......Better still? Johnny 'Ooooh what I'd like to do to you if I ever go hold of you' Depp is also here at the premiere of the film in California. The sunglasses give the weather away as if it was the UK it's likely to be hissing it down. Belly Laugh
After too many hours sitting we eventually got home and I went upstairs and hid in my bedroom for while. I needed to rest my legs which by now were jelly-esque, so painful and matched my back. After a good cry I felt mutch better.
***Fell asleep again there for five minutes and awoke to find I had changed my TV channel over to a shopping channel? - Only put the TV to see the news once hubby went to work)***
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to day to my daughter.

No comments: