Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ballet School!

I'm confused and confuddled.

My son has had TWO ballet lessons - ONLY TWO. He goes to lessons a full time 'Ballet and Theatre Arts' School. It's a small select school with only 60 places and you have to be invited to join full time but there are 140 part time places for dance and drama classes throughout the week and on Saturday.

The Director of the school phoned me hald an hour ago and told me that my son was doing brilliantly and offered him a full time place!!!!!
I have declined it because we have a place at an excellent school organised. That school has also written to me this morning stating it has increased its fees to £3725 per time! Oh hell.
My son will be so proud of himself when I tell him about the offer and he will want to take it up but he will also know it is not the best idea for now. (I hope). The director of the school has also said that my son schould go up to the next grade next term and has invited us all to the end of term production of the full time school end of term play (Hoping he will say "I will want to go there PLEEEEZE"). There will be another boy in the new class which pleases my son and he's not too worried about the uniform he has to wear. He even wanted me to take photos of him in it which I will put on my log soon. (With his face taken out) so not to show his identity).
I've also been advised that when he's brave enough to join another class, to do modern, or tap because he is talented. (And El director is also an agent and probably has plans!)

Maybe I do have the new Billy Elliott? Not singing in the west end production but a dancer - A talented dancer? I shall be careful not to allow him to do too much though but right now he wants to dance all the time and his ballet uniform was on most of yesterday evening. He is so happy and him happy makes me happy.

No comments: