Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hump Day!

My darling daughter (actually I believe she was replaced at some point in the past two years with a duplicate as my old daughter used to be lovely and never argued constantly), is on a school trip to a local Mosque today. (Not this one obviously, it is beautiful)

She told me two weeks ago that she had to be at school at 8am - GREAT. Her school just happens to be across the city and I need to get her brother to school also locally, plus hubby is on nights and will not be able to get home in time to take her. So we made and changed our plans, hubby took an hour off his holidays and planned to finish early so he could take her (as me driving a car at 7.30am in the morning was going to be impossible really with my back), and all was settled.
"Don't worry", she said last night, I've found out I do not need to be there till 8.20am and "I'm meeting my friend at Starbucks in the city."


NO YOU ARE NOT.


All sounds odd and sounds like my darling daughter has found out it is a normal start and the mini bus which she normally uses to get to school is going to be used to get her and he classmates to the mosque. Therefore, she would not need to muck us about and could have gone in the minibus and she was going to meet her friend and catch a bus from the city to her school (wasting little money we have) instead. What a little minx.


Didn't want to tell hubby I had worked out darling daughter's plan so what we did was scupper it instead and told her that daddy dearest was going to take her all the way to her school and not to Starbucks as getting into the city in the middle of morning rush hour was a joke. (No I am not giggling), but to get one up on a teenager makes me feel proud - I can still do it!





My son is going to his second ballet class today and we're getting the 'kit' for him too. He is so excited and has decided that maybe he may not get into the Royal Ballet School. He's going to go for it anyway. The fees if you earn over £110,000 are £28,500 per year however there is a graduated fee scale and we would only pay a teeny amount of that cost. Gosh look at me - I've decided he could get there before he has! You never know though do you?

No comments: