Thursday, June 07, 2007

Happiness and joy

My son told me today that when he dances he feels full of "Absolute happiness". He said he doesn't get that feeling from any other thing he does and in the class he knows he has to be serious on the outside, but on the inside he is buzzing with joy.

He wants to learn every step to the point of us going on the internet today and looking up his 'arabesques, grand pliés, battement frappés' and he knew what they al were and gave me his own fairly adequate example of them considering he had only had one lesson.

It is The Royal Ballet School next for my lad. He's looked it up on the net and I've spoken to the school where he had his class yesterday and apparently my son is actually very good. Is he good enough to be talking about The Royal Ballet School yet? Oh why not.......If my son has found something that honestly makes him feel that true absolute happiness and he wants to make a career out of it too (and remembering he is only 11), then I give him my blessings to be happy.

My daughter is next......And she is somewhat harder. I had a conversation with a nightmare of a music teacher who wanted to tell me my daughter was rude but I would not let him because she may be rude to me but I'm her mum and that is kinda of allowed as being a teen. Telling him she had forgotten her clarinet is not rude (Just annoyed him). My daughter has now decided to give up music GCSE which she loved......because of that idiot of a man. How dare he. We have also decided to get her clarinet lessons outside of school as my daughter is not getting on with the one inside of school. This man wanted to have a go.....No chance, I can have a go and that is my duty - my job. Not his.

So tomorrow I shall speak to the Deputy of Studies and I have advised my daughter to do the same. She is going to ask about changing to geography and asking about what's in store for the next two years. If it's a trip away somewhere nice then she'll love it. We'll talk again then on Monday my nearly birthday'ed 14 year old daughter will walk into school and state her new aim. She knows if she swaps she better do well or we will never let her hear the end of it. (Poor lass).....Wish she would find her true inner happiness like her brother?

No comments: