Sunday, June 17, 2007

Because Ricotta Can Be Boring

What do you think of Roasted Asparagus with rock salt, lemon and olive oil? Sounds lovely hey? I have not got any which for me sounds dull as dishwater (Oh lovely combo, dishwater and asparagus!) Instead for Sunday Luncheon we have Roast Lamb, Roast Ordinary and Sweet Potatoes, Brocolli, Cauliflower and Petit Pois. The lamb is marinated in garlic and thyme with a little olive oil for moistness and I have not lifted a finger.


Hubby has been out in the kitchen today. He's dropped my seseame oil which has stunk the room out and so I advised him to use the anti bacterial washing up liquid on the floor (the one with basil and tea tree) so we have an abundance of delightful flavours wafting through the house now. The Lamb has gone in the oven on circotherm NOT circoroast, now that is the mistake. I find I blast the joint on high and then turn it down as this seals in the juices and you get a marvelous tasting joint.

In a couple of hours time we will have fluffy roast potatoes, a wonderfully cooked lamb (which I will take over from shortly). I can't allow hubs to kill the Sunday Roast I just can't. He crucifies the spuds and even though he has been told dozens of times how to get those tatties fluffy, he cooks them rock hard and forgets to bash 'em up a bit before putting them in the hot oil. He also forgets to take the lamb out when it is still a little pink and then let it cook gently under some foil in it's own juices. He turns the oven on to 170 degrees for the whole process given the choice and wonders why he never has crispy pork or nicely cooked meat.

Oh I should not grumble it is Father's Day. He forgot!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all fathers out there. My own is in heaven. I miss him which is why this entry is about a joint of lamb. My dad taught me how to cook a great mashed potato but my mum taught me how to cook gravy but not a good roast. She liked to make sure meat was completely dead before she'd eat it whereas I guess I like it to still be a little red.
Love ya dad. Happy Father's Day





No comments: